Sunday, December 14, 2008

I'm back!!

Gone for holiday and have been busy with movie marathon lately. Currently caught up with "Moonlight Resonance", the HK drama equivalent of "Heroes". Normally I'm more of a J-drama fan but I can really see what's the hype with "Moonlight Resonance"- big family drama, good acting, quirky humor, all top up with good-looking actors is a sure win combination.

Came back to Sg on Thurday night for sports training. I'm still aching now from handball and floorball yesterday, too long never exercise i guess. Totally sucked at handball yesterday. So much so that I got knocked down by a pretty girly girl half my size until I landed square on my butt and literally rolled a few feet towards the goal post (not really but at least that's what the captain desbribed it to be -___-"""). SUPER PAISEH lar!!! It's like all the food I crammed in to my stomach just contributed to the gravity. And the love handles...-___-""
Floorball wasn't really a blast but considering it was only my second training and there are loads of seniors and experienced floorballers around, my performance was still acceptable.

I shall write about the outing with the gang and the genting trip with the family soon. Meanwhile, here's a story which just show how much of a "genius" I am.

It happened on the morning I went back home. I did the laundry on the previous night and hanged it outside, hoping it would dry by the next morning before I went back home. Being a cold rainy night that night, of course they were still damp the next morning. I wanted to leave early at 8am that day to avoid the crowd since it would be a long holiday with raya haji on Monday. I kept thinking what I should do with the clothes. I can't just left them hanging outside while I was gone for more than a week. While I was walking around, trying to figure out a solution, and that's when the great idea strucks me. Lo and behold I saw a spot where the ray of the shining bright sun hits on near the staircase. I quickly moved my clothe rack there, thinking that the clothes should be dried within an hour.
Then, I went about surfing and doing my own things, grinning ear-to-ear all and couldn't help marvelling at my own cleverness. The "Sustagenius" advertisement song (I'm such a ge-ni-us, such is a genius buddy such~~..something like that lar) playing in my head all the while.

After one hour, I went to check on the clothes again but the sun was already hiding behind the clouds. Needless to say, the clothes were still damp. So I thought "1 more hour". It was already nearing 11 then. It was only 20 more minutes later that I suddenly realised. There's an even more ingenious solution out there besides the "sunny spot" which would have solved my problem in an instance- an ingenious creation known as the "Dryer Machine" sitting quietly in the laundry room downstairs..

That's also when I was reminded of an old saying.

"There's only a thin line difference between the genius and the idiot".

No comments: