Sunday, September 13, 2009

Firsts (Part 1).

Alright. This post is long long dued. But better late than never right?

Anyways, here it goes.

I've experinced many firsts ever since coming to Korea. First time on a plane, first time living in a country where I could barely speaks it's language, first time eating samgyupsal and drinkin soju just to name a few obvious ones. However it's the more bizarre ones (at least to me) that I'm going to blog about.

1. K-Pop Culture.

I love this. The Koreans are really taking their celebs seriously. With the latest craze of K-pop groups(especially girl groups), the Koreans are lapping up every single song that the artistes dish up (which are usually mad catchy complete with equally addictive dance choreography) happily. Anyone will at least know the basic steps to any of the songs that are overplayed on the radio at streets this days. The companies who are quick to realise the bankability market of this situation, of course wasted no time to get these celebs to endorse their products. Clothes, skincare, food, cars, electronics, etc. And these endorsements are usually incomplete without a life-size huge-ass mortar board and posters of the celebs themselves in front of the store.

Yunho the DBSK leader for Evisu jeans. Hot.

Daesung of Big Bang fame for some fried chicken.

Poor guy had recently involved in a serious car accident and is currently recuperating at home. So, the least a fangirl can do is showing her love by dropping by eating the fried chicken he endorses. Yumm.

Lee Hongki of FT Island for Bavi Phat (skincare). You could see Beyonce's poster somewhere behind him in this pic. This store aims higher by going for double celebrity endorsements. I kinda like their products anyway.

There are still more and more familiar faces everywhere you go around in Korea but I din take much of the pics because the inner fangirl in me still hasn't come out of the closet yet. So, I couldn't be too obvious la...

2. The Destroyer.

This happened last Saturday. I broke the ceiling fan in my room with my bare fingers. How cool is that?! Don't panic. My fingers are still intact and fine despite several minor cuts on them. But the same couldn't be said to the fan as it ceased to function completely.

This is how it happened. Stretching. Ok la. Maybe I jumped a little too. Damn those low ceilings...


The broken fan. It gave a violent wobble threatening to fall off the ceiling if you turn it on.

I was more worried about my roomie finding out than my bleeding fingers at that point of time. After some frantic sign languages and mixed languages of explaination to the ahjussi below, he got someone to check it out. Alas, the thing could only be fixed on Monday morning coz they need to change the entire thing. Needless to say, the roomie wasn't pleased to find out that she has to live with 2 days without fan. Couldn't stop grumbling about it. What a bitch. I mean what the bleach..

The drama doesn't end here. Remember ahjussi said they'll fix it on Monday morning? Problem is they never exactly said what time. They came around 9am when I was still sleeping. The roomie went out earlier so the door wasn't locked. All I could remember is some fumbling sound outside the room and the next thing I know the door flew open to some exclaimations of "Ohmo!" (OMG!). Yes, they never even knock on the door first. And there was I, laying spread eagle on the bed for a lady(who opened the door) and two other guys to see.

As if, that wasn't humiliating enough. In my groggy state of just being awakened up so unceremoniously, the lady told me I've to get out of my room that instant because they need to change the fan. I said "Ok, but gimme 10 min?" but the lady said "No, you must come out now". WTB. I wasn't even wearing my bra then! Can anyone say rude?

So, I've no choice but to quickly grab some toiletries to wash up while they work on the fan. The whole process only took about 10 min. They left before I got back but when I got back to my room, it was locked. WTB again. Gah. Have to run after the lady to unlock it for me.

And if you think that is drama enough, the horrible morning still continues after that. On my way to school, I saw my roomie walking back with another friend. And when we are approaching each other:

Roomie: Do you know what you did this morning?
Me: What? Oh, the fan got changed already.
Roomie: You sit up on the bed and yelled "Everland!! Bookshop!".
Me: @_@.

Needless to say, everyone knew what I did that morning thanks to her. I was actually the last one to find out. WTB. I didn't even know I speak English in my dreams. Usually it was just some gibberish mutterings in an unknown language when I got too tired the night before. Gah!

What a great morning huh?

Stay tuned for an even more exciting Part 2 where alcohol and nudity are involved!

No comments: